Monday, June 8, 2009

Music

I love music, it just seems to touch my heart. I really listen to the words of every song I hear and I am always telling Roger"this is my favorite song this week". The words in some of the mainstream songs have words that are just downright appalling. But Christian music is always uplifting and encouraging. There always seems to be a song playing just when I needed to hear it.

This was the case the other day, I was in the drive thru at Jack in the box getting me a large Coke (I love Coke!!) and this song came on the radio and it brought to mind my son Matthew. By the time I had left the drive thru I am sure they thougth I was some sort of nutcase as I was just in tears...

Here are the words to that song~It's also in my playlist at the bottom of my blog~


Mark Harris - Find Your Wings
From the album The Line Between The Two

It's only for a moment you are mine to hold
The plans that heaven has for you
Will all too soon unfold
So many different prayers I'll pray
For all that you might do
But most of all I'll want to know
You're walking in the truth
And If I never told you
I want you to know
As I watch you grow

Chorus:
I pray that God would fill your heart with dreams
And that faith gives you the courage
To dare to do great things
I'm here for you whatever this life brings
So let my love give you roots
And help you find your wings

May passion be the wind
That leads you through your days
And may conviction keep you strong
Guide you on your way
May there be many moments
That make your life so sweet
Oh, but more than memories

Chorus:

It's not living if you don't reach for the sky
I'll have tears as you take off
But I'll cheer as you fly




Even just putting it up here it still makes me cry. Songs are so special to me and I always seem to get so much out of hearing them. Another song I hear a while back is this one by Matthew West~

Matthew West - The Motions
From the album Something To Say
This might hurt
It’s not safe
But I know that I’ve gotta make a change
I don’t care If I break

At least I’ll be feeling something
‘Cause just ok
Is not enough
Help me fight through the nothingness of life

Chorus
I don’t wanna go through the motions
I don’t wanna go one more day
Without Your all consuming passion inside of me
I don’t wanna spend my whole life asking
What if I had given everything?
Instead of going through the motions

No regrets
Not this time
I’m gonna let my heart defeat my mind
Let Your love
Make me whole
I think I’m finally feeling something

Take me all the way
Take me all the way
Take me all the way


What a thought--Am I only going through the motions or do I have HIS consuming passion inside of me??? I want HIS consuming passion but I know I fall so short of showing it all the time.

Do any of you have a favorite song??? If so leave me a comment and let me know. I have many more that have special meaning to me, maybe I will post them at another date.

Blessings,Joann

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for visiting my blog and leaving a comment, I truly thank you for your visit. Blessings,Joann