Tuesday, June 2, 2009

Day 2 of my new chore schedule

Another day of getting up early. This is very hard for me, I was in such a habit of going to bed really late and sleeping in. Last night I went to bed around 9:30PM wich is very early for me and I was still tired and dragging when I got up this morning. But after getting Roger off to work I just pushed on through and did all of my morning and Tuesday chores. I am really liking this way of cleaning things as compared to my old way.

This morning my bed was made and the furniture dusted before 5AM~





I got some quiet time in~





This is my favorite cup, I don't drink coffee or tea but I love water!!~

The verse on the cup is
"If anyone is thirsty, let him come to me and drink." John 7:37





I did all of the dusting and the dining room table looked so pretty~




Went outside and this is what the sky looked like, the sun was not quite out yet~





Then I went to work on my focus project for today, the kitchen counter on the sink side~

Before~



After~



Now with everything put back~



I even managed to make a small area for my HMB~




I really like the look of the white grout but oh is it hard to clean!It is now only around 8AM and my cleaning for the day is done. What a wonderful thing to be able to say. I am starting to take some pride in our home. I want to make our home a place of comfort for me and my husband. A place where my husband after working many hours and commuting for many hours wants to come home to. I think it is real important for homekeepers to keep a nice comfortable well organized home. To keep it running and presentable at all times. I have always been lacking in this but this last week a couple of blogs reminded me of my role in our household. DeNiece over at Organized home making for Chirst (see my blog list) and Candy at Keeping the home (also on my blog list) made videos this past week and they were both so inspiring and gave me that gentle nudge to remind me where my place is.

Have a wonderful Tuesday, Blessings,Joann

5 comments:

  1. You inspire me. This has always been a challenge for me. I am a pack-rat. I'm one of the older women, who truly wants to help teach the younger women, but I'm still learning and struggling. I love your pretty home. Kathi

    ReplyDelete
  2. Everything looks so nice! I love to get up early, so I can do things before work.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The Proverbs 31 woman always got up early...she also stayed up late. I am certain she was super human, but it is what we all strive for too.
    Everything looks SO fresh and beautiful in your home. Not one little piece of clutter!! Your husband is blessed!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks so much for the wonderful comments you have left on my blog. Everything looks so clean and beautiful you are doing a wonderful job, your hubby is truly blessed to have such a wonderful and a hardworking wife. Be blessed

    ReplyDelete
  5. Candy and DeNiece are very inspirining, aren't they!!? I praise God that they allow Him to use them for these talents.

    I am also making a major effort to get my house in 'order'.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting my blog and leaving a comment, I truly thank you for your visit. Blessings,Joann