Monday, July 13, 2009

Garden window cleaning and a little blessing from Matthew!!

Today I finally got so tired of looking at the dust that had been accumulating in my garden window that I decided that cabinets and drawers would have to wait so I can get this window area cleaned...
When you see the before window you will probably be wondering why I have a snowman sitting on the ledge in July and Thanksgiving candle holders sitting there too. Well the candle holders just have not been put away after I bought them at the thrifts store and washed them. The snowman is very close to my heart, a dear friend sent it to me last Christmas and I treasure it, it holds hot cocoa mix and even though I don't drink hot cocoa in the summer time I like to look at it when I am in the kitchen, it reminds me of her and her blessing of friendship.
Here is a closer picture of it, isn't it just the cutest~~
Here is the garden window before~




See the dust in this picture~

In this photo you can see the dust much more clearly~

This is about halfway done, I have the shelf out to clean and it makes it much easier to clean with the shelf not in it's place. This window is the absolute hardest window to clean, I can barely stretch my arm in to clean the bottom so when it comes time to clean the actual glass part I use a sponge mop with hot water and vinegar, works great!

Now the shelf is back in and I have also taken my hot water and vinegar and sponge mop and cleaned the outside~
Now onto my sweet little blessing from my Son. He is starting Boot camp this week, he knows that I am worried about him and he has been sending me little letters every week. Today in the mail I got this postcard~
This is the front~



And this is the back~ My son certainly isn't much for words :) but I am so glad to hear from him, at least I know he is okay and that he is missing me :) :)
You probably will have to click on the picture to be able to read it..







I certainly hope everyone has had a wonderful Monday, I am done cleaning for the day and it's already after 4PM been a long day. Going to go rest for a while before I start some dinner~ BBQ chicken (Roger BBQ'd it this weekend) mashed potatoes and corn on the cob..YUMMO!!



1 comment:

  1. oh Joann , I spy an item I made you above -how wonderful it is too see that and my goodness I soooooo loooooove the plate with the rooster on it..it is beautiful..glad you shared your cleaning spurt of the shelf,cheers Vickie

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting my blog and leaving a comment, I truly thank you for your visit. Blessings,Joann