Sunday, December 28, 2008

*Moved from old blog* My card file system

If any of you have followed my blog for any time you would know that I had posted about a year ago my Home management binder. After using it for only a few months I realized it just didn't work for me. Since it's just me and Roger and I don't home school the HMB seemed to just be too much for me. I read the book Sidetracked home executives from pig pen ....(I can't remember the whole name of the book, sorry) written by two ladies that used a card system. When I first read about it, I found it kind of odd to write out just one item on a 3x5 card but I have to say it really does work. I made up my card system patterned after theirs and was using it every day. Then I started forgetting about it and wasn't using it anymore. I could tell, my house was disorganized and a mess. Roger works from home 3 days a week and on those days I would always hold my plans loosely (thanks for that idea Cheryl ) so that I wasn't spending my time doing housework while he was home so I could spend time with him. I then realized that I had my job to do too which is seeing to the ways of my household. If I would follow the card system that I had, on the days he were home I would have everything done and the house would be running more smoothly. I don't know how many times a week that I had no clue what was for dinner, so of course we ate out. I was not using my time wisely and I wasn't taken care of my home and family (Roger). Just because I don't have children at home doesn't mean that I don't have to take care of my home. So yesterday I got my ugly file box out (I want to get a much prettier one) and took everything out and went through it and changed some things around and put it all back together. Come Monday I plan on using it everyday!

Here are some pictures of what my system looks like~

Here is the ugly file box~




These are the number tabs, one number for everyday of the month~




These are the cards for Daily(purple) and Weekly(Blue) chores~




These cards are for Monthly (Pink)reminders(Yes I know that I forgot the t in frontline and have made a new card) ~




These tabs are the Monthly tabs, where I store birthday/anniversary/important reminders etc..~




These colored tabs are for my address book~




This is all of it put together~



In the inside of the lid is my Basic Week plan, you will notice that I haveMonday as my grocery day, Tuesday listed as a heavy cleaning day and the rest are moderate cleaning, Friday is my free day, Saturday is light cleaning(if there is something that has to be done) and Sunday as the Lord's day~


Well there you have it, I know it's not too impressive but I am hoping that it works for me and my household.

I post sometimes on a forum that has a daily cleaning thread, but I don't always have the time to come to the computer and post regularly on that board. The ladies at that forum are just wonderful, but that is also where I met a person who I thought was my friend and basicaly she just used me and then tossed me to the side when she wanted to. So when I go to that board and I do post even if I say something to her she totally ignores me and that just is so mean . So please be careful out there when posting on boards/forums people aren't always who they say they are. They can post all they want about their wonderful Christian family and then treat people like dirt. I know that I have done things in my past that I shouldn't have done but I am not too proud to stand up and say yes I did this will you please forgive me.

I pray that everyone out there has a very blessed Sunday..

Blessings,Joann

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for visiting my blog and leaving a comment, I truly thank you for your visit. Blessings,Joann