Thursday, July 7, 2011

Mattie will be coming home soon!!!!

I found out the other day through Sara that Mattie will be leaving Iraq pretty soon. Military safety as it is I can't say exactly when he will be leaving but he will be out of there soon. I am so happy to hear that he is leaving Iraq, but I also have a very mournful heart for all of the mothers out there whose child will not be coming home. I dont' know the exact amount of how many soldiers were killed over there in the year that Mattie has been there, but any number is too many. I know that Matties squadron lost at least 5 maybe more. Mattie is in the Third Armored Calvary squadron, also known as Thunder squadron and I know that they just recently (in June) lost 3 soldiers in one incident. To know that soon Mattie will not be in that country really has put a quietness to the usual raging in my heart. I pray daily for his safe return and I would like to thank every single one of you that has prayed for my son's safety.


I was up again this morning at 5am and Roger and I were talking about how nice it would be if he could get up at more of a normal time like 7 and just get ready and go to work but when you have this horrible long commute it doesn't work like that. There is a 90 day probationary period and after that we will be making a decision on wether to move closer. Right now we live about 70-80 miles from Roger's work and the closest we could get would be about 40-50 miles closer, any closer and we could not afford the home prices. The homes price increases with every mile closer to the bay area. In our town you could buy a home anywhere from $150K-$500K, over closer to Roger's work they start around $600K and go up and that is for just a normal home nothing fancy just the basic 3 bedroom 2 bath. We will have to see what happens after the 90 day period and wether or not Roger decides to stay with this job. He doesnt' like the fact that he is getting paid $17 per hour less than what he was making working on the Bay bridge so that will be part of the decision process..is it worth all the commuting to get paid less and all.


My week has been going by pretty quickly though it seems that the day goes by very slowly with Roger being gone. I was getting so used to him being home and so were the little doggies.

I pray every one is having a great week and I thank you for visiting me at my blog.

Blessings, Joann

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for visiting my blog and leaving a comment, I truly thank you for your visit. Blessings,Joann