Wednesday, December 22, 2010

Ecclesiastes 4:10

This particular Bible verse has been on my heart lately along with a few "friends". These "friends" I speak of are ones from a few years ago that I lost when I had the problems with one particular person who was at one time my friend. Okay now that you are all up to speed and totally understand what I am saying :) I will continue.....

For the past two weeks or so I have been having this continuall conversation with the Lord, he keeps telling me to do something and I keep coming up with excuses not to do it, I debate very good let me tell you!!

So Ecclesiastes 4:10 "If one falls down, his friend can help him up. But pity the man who falls and has no one to help him up!" In this particular verse I am not the one who has no one because I have many true treasured friends and they know who they are. I started thinking about these past "friends" and I got out two Christmas cards and addressed them to my friends from another year and also wrote a short note inside them. I don't really know what they will do when they arrive at their homes, they may just throw them away, they may get mad and call the police and say I am stalking them or they may be the sisters in Christ they have always claimed to be and open the card and read my sincere words and say to themselves~ Wow, how nice of Joann to send a card. I have kept my end of the bargain with my Lord, he pressed upon my heart to send these ladies Christmas cards and I did so even if they do just throw them away I will be fine with that I have done my part. What do I want in return from these ladies?? Nothing at all, no contact, no nothing. I feel good about doing my part and that is all I am thinking about. It would be wonderful if one or both of them would get a hold of me through email or however and say something like the past is the past and we now live in the present and pray for the future. I know they won't but I have come to terms with that and remember that wise quote from the movie "It's a Wonderful Life" written in the book given to George Baily by his guardian angel Clarence at the end of the movie
"Remember, No man is a failure who has friends"

I am not a failure, I have many kindred and treasured true friends and that is all that matters. I just felt a need to write this post. The two women I am talking about do not read my blog and even if they did, I have said nothing about them that is bad.


I will get off my soapbox now :) :)

Have a wonderful Thursday, thank you for stopping by
Blessings,Joann

2 comments:

  1. You followed the Lord's lead and now the rest is up to HIM. I had to do something similar a few years ago. I went, in person, to see this person and she grabbed me and we hugged and she was so happy to see me. We have lost contact over the years, as we moved away, but once in a blue moon, she'll pick up the phone and call me. I have great peace about the whole situation. Best wishes!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Joann...like Pen Pen said you do what the Lord leads you to do. I am glad that you listened to him and did what he asked of you, now it is no long in your hands let the Lord handle the rest. He will take care of it because he told you to do it so I know that he has a wonderful plan in store. Merry Christmas my friend.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting my blog and leaving a comment, I truly thank you for your visit. Blessings,Joann