Wednesday, December 22, 2010

Ecclesiastes 4:10

This particular Bible verse has been on my heart lately along with a few "friends". These "friends" I speak of are ones from a few years ago that I lost when I had the problems with one particular person who was at one time my friend. Okay now that you are all up to speed and totally understand what I am saying :) I will continue.....

For the past two weeks or so I have been having this continuall conversation with the Lord, he keeps telling me to do something and I keep coming up with excuses not to do it, I debate very good let me tell you!!

So Ecclesiastes 4:10 "If one falls down, his friend can help him up. But pity the man who falls and has no one to help him up!" In this particular verse I am not the one who has no one because I have many true treasured friends and they know who they are. I started thinking about these past "friends" and I got out two Christmas cards and addressed them to my friends from another year and also wrote a short note inside them. I don't really know what they will do when they arrive at their homes, they may just throw them away, they may get mad and call the police and say I am stalking them or they may be the sisters in Christ they have always claimed to be and open the card and read my sincere words and say to themselves~ Wow, how nice of Joann to send a card. I have kept my end of the bargain with my Lord, he pressed upon my heart to send these ladies Christmas cards and I did so even if they do just throw them away I will be fine with that I have done my part. What do I want in return from these ladies?? Nothing at all, no contact, no nothing. I feel good about doing my part and that is all I am thinking about. It would be wonderful if one or both of them would get a hold of me through email or however and say something like the past is the past and we now live in the present and pray for the future. I know they won't but I have come to terms with that and remember that wise quote from the movie "It's a Wonderful Life" written in the book given to George Baily by his guardian angel Clarence at the end of the movie
"Remember, No man is a failure who has friends"

I am not a failure, I have many kindred and treasured true friends and that is all that matters. I just felt a need to write this post. The two women I am talking about do not read my blog and even if they did, I have said nothing about them that is bad.


I will get off my soapbox now :) :)

Have a wonderful Thursday, thank you for stopping by
Blessings,Joann

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for visiting my blog and leaving a comment, I truly thank you for your visit. Blessings,Joann