Monday, June 21, 2010

Crafting I did today...

Today I was busy all day, time even went by pretty fast. I wanted to get some stitcheries transfered onto some Kona fabric and I actually did it. I got 4 done today so tonight while watching tv I will have some hand work to work on. I am hoping this will curb my television eating habit.I have a bad habit of eating while watching tv so I need something in my hands to work on and this will be just perfect. I still need to put on some backing and then I will be ready to go.

Here are the 4 I got done today~






I had planned on putting up a post everyday this week on the subject of self control, I found a nice short Bible study on this subject about a week ago and was going to share it. I obviously didn't get it up for Monday so I will start with it tomorrow.

Have a great week!
Blessings,Joann



**Edited to add response to Salena**

You mentioned in your comment about how I did the transfering of the patterns. I actually do sometimes use iron on transfers but mostly I just use patterns and transfer them myself using a makeshift light box and a Pigma micron 005 pen. It is permanent and because of this I have to be real careful, sometimes it can take me up to an hour or so to transfer something. I always use 3 strands of floss and that seems to cover the fine line very nicely. I have tried using the type of pen that will wash out but for detailed things I found it didn't work very good. Hope that helps.

4 comments:

  1. Joann... I love those stitcheris.... they are going to be so pretty!!! good idea to be stitching instead of eating! :o)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have to keep my hands busy like that too!
    Love the Pledge of Allegiance one! Have fun with them!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those are so pretty! Do you use the purchased transfers or transfer them yourself with a washable fabric pen? I am making embroidered pillow cases for my children to receive when they marry. I did not realize that the purchased transfers were permanent. So anywhere that I didn't *exactly* cover the line was very obvious. I adjusted my stitching to cover the lines, but I would really prefer something that washes out after stitching.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you so much for responding! I'm going to try transferring some with a pen to see if that will work better.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting my blog and leaving a comment, I truly thank you for your visit. Blessings,Joann