Saturday, February 28, 2009

Very Quiet Saturday

I know for most people it is still very wintery, we have had a few days of nice sunshine but now we are getting ready for more rain here in the Valley of California. In a little town of Ripon about 12 miles from here they had their Almond blossom festival, which means that the blossoms are out. I did notice going to the pharmacy the other day that most of the orchards are getting those real pretty blossoms on them. I love the look of them but not the smell, I have allergies very bad and they just seem to bother my nose. I was looking at our tree, the one we planted last summer and couldn't believe the buds and blossoms. It is a Magnolia Atlas tree and has the prettiest blossoms, here are some pictures of the blossoms~








Today has been kind of lazy and quiet, I sat and did some embroidery ~









I bought this fabric last night, just love the green and purple together, though this picture the colors don't look as good as they do in person




Roger and I have been watching some old movies lately, we have seen~ Gone with the wind ( my first time for seeing it~can you believe it), Singing in the Rain~I love Gene Kelly,Sergant York with Gary Cooper, Little Women (the original one), Meet me in St. Louis I just love movies from this era, the beautiful dresses and such, Ben Hur~ This one I really like though it always bothers me when I see wise men at the manger in anything, The Ghost and Mr. chicken with Don knotts what a funny movie,
I think old movies are just so wonderful, the acting was so good compared with what you get today and the scenery and music is just so nice to see.


Tonight we plan on watching My fair lady and I of course will be embroiderying.

I hope everyone has a wonderful weekend

This is something I read in the book Tramp for the Lord, by Corrie tenBoom and it really touched me, so I will leave you all with this poem


My life is but a weaving,between my
God and me,
I do not choose the colors, He worketh
Steadily
Oftimes He weaveth sorrow, and I in
Foolish pride
Forget HE sees the upper , and I
the underside.
Not till the loom is silent, and shuttles
cease to fly,
Will God unroll the canvas and
explain the reasons why.
The dark threads are as needful in
the skillfull weavers hand,
As the threads of gold and silver
in the pattern He has planned

Author unknown

Blessings,Joann

1 comment:

  1. The fabric is pretty! I've been going through a phase of liking sage green and pink together. Your colors look good together too.

    I had some of the purple fabric with swirls in it. I used it as a lining for a Strawberry Shortcake totebag used for a baby shower gift bag.

    The embroidery looks beautiful, too.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting my blog and leaving a comment, I truly thank you for your visit. Blessings,Joann