Monday, February 23, 2009

Things I have been doing...

It's been a while since I posted last. Things here are just kind of busy and I don't use the computer as much as I used to. There were days when I would spend oh up to 4-5 hours at a time on the computer. Now I get on check my e-mail, come to my blog and then go and read some of my favorite blogs and that's it. Sometimes it ends up being less than an hour or two a day. Wich you would think would give me so much more time for things like housework and laundry but No those things don't get done like they should. I spend most of my days thinking and worrying about things going on in my life. I know that God's word says not to worry but that is soooooooo hard for me to do.

I haven't mentioned much about my son Matthew, on my blog. Matthew turned 18 last April. In August of 2007 when he was returning to our house after being at his Dad's(We have been divorced since Matthew was 2) house for about a month we had a falling out, I won't go into the details but basically he didn't like to follow rules and do things around the house. We decided (one of the worst decisions of my life) that he could go and live with his sister. She lived close to the High school where he was starting his Senior year, she had 2 children and could use some help so we figured it would be the best. Well to make that part of the story short, he didn't go to school, was out all night and most of the time no one knew where he was. Jennifer called me one day and said "Mom, Matthew won't do anything I ask him to do and he won't follow the rules" I said "Jennifer--Welcome to my world." Up to then she thought I was being too hard on him and now she was seeing for the first time what was really going on. She ended up kicking him out, so he went to live with his father who also kicked him out, he ended up at a girlfriends house and stayed their until they got tired of him and then he started all over again, Jennifer's house, his Dad's house, where ever he could stay he would. He had no money and would not get a job, he said it would cut into his friend time too much. So I under lots of stress decided to let him fall on his face, hit bottom and prayed that he would grow up. Well this was put to the test when he showed up at our house one night around 1AM and asked if he could sleep here, he was at the pool hall all night and now he had no where to sleep. I told him NO, it was very hard but I figured I had to stick my ground, let him find out what the real world is like. I didn't hear from him for a few weeks but eventually he did stop by, he never mentioned what he thought of me telling him no. He eventually dropped out of high school and just started staying wherever he could.Most of the time I didn't know where he was, if he had a place to stay or food to eat. I had kept telling him to joing the service, I felt it was what he needed, plus you get food, a place to stay, training and medical coverage. He didn't want to. Since all of this happened he has kept in touch and I Love him with all my heart but I don't like what he is doing to himself. Last week he stopped by and gave me a sticker to put on my car, this is what it says~

He will be leaving June 2 to go and take a GED test, since he doesn't have a diploma and then will be going to Ft. Knox,Kentucky for boot camp and advanced training as a mechanic for the Bradley fighting vehichle. I am so proud of him, he is finally growing up and taking responsibility for his life. He received some sad news over the weekend that his father is in the hospital and probably won't be coming out. His father has been an alchoholic all of his life and it is finally cathcing up with him.Matthew went to visit him on Friday night and he didn't know who Matthew was,which is very sad for Matthew, he never got to tell him that he joined the Army.

I am very proud of my son and I knew that he would finally grow up,we have been through a lot these past few years but now I can breathe a little easier and not worry so much at least for a little while.

I do still have the worry of Roger not working but we both have put that into God's hands and are confident that the right job will come along, the one right for us.

Roger's brother is having an operation tomorrow in Palo Alto, so Roger is driving himself and his Mom over there in the morning (it's about a 2 hour drive) so I will have the whole day to do what I want. I should spend it cleaning, but in reality I will probably sit and read or do some stitching!!

In the crafting area, I have been busy transferring patterns onto some of that nice Kona cotton, here are some of the things I got transfered this weekend~

then I packaged them up into ziplock bags with the embroidery thread so they are ready to go when I want to start working on them~

Here are some fabrics I would like to make a purse out of for spring and summer, haven't decided which color I want to make first, the purples or the blues.

This was my reading for the weekend~

the Losing it book was real good, made me think of Valerie Bertinelli in a different way. I always loved her when I was growing up and thought that she was such a goodie goodie, but this book tells lots that I didn't know about her. I did find it nice though that she was so honest about her life.

I am sorry this has been such a long post and so boring...I did have some good news when I went to my e-mail today I had one that gave me the name and blog address of my spring swap partner, it's a secret one so I can't say who it is but I will be visiting her blog to get an idea of who she is and what she likes. This will be so much I just need to find what I want to send..

I hope everyone has a wonderful week, I plan on filling mine with good thougths, lots of prayer and hours of stitching so there will be no time for worrying...I would like to ask for prayers for Matthew, and for Roger for work.



  1. It must have been very hard to let your son go the way you did! I can hardly believe I would have the strength when it would be needed. But well, there is only One to give you that strength, isn't it! I was very happy to read it all worked out so well. He has grown up!

  2. Wow. Yes, your post was long but I could feel your pain in every word. I'm glad you have this outlet to pour your feelings into. I'm so happy that your son has made this decision. When my now 34 year old son joined the Navy, I was devastated, but proud that he had taken charge of his life. He had just graduated high school and didn't want to go to college. Putting him on the bus to leave for basic training was the hardest thing I ever did, but it started him on the road to being a responsible adult. You'll get through this. Send me a personal note if you need to vent even more. Hugs.

  3. WTG Matthew! That must have been so hard on you, Joann, but he's coming around. Prayers for him as he begins this next and hopefulyl better phase of his life! Prayers also for your ex-husband as he finishes his journey home.

  4. it is hard to be a mom of 'almost growed ups' isn't it? We are down to one 18 yo son, SR in high school. I keep saying 4 more months, 4 more months. Hard, but SO worth it-God bless you and yours.


Thank you so much for visiting my blog and leaving a comment, I truly thank you for your visit. Blessings,Joann