Wednesday, February 18, 2009

Sewing side of craft room finished!!

Finally the sewing side of the room is actually finished, well sort of...it's finished for now. There are many more things I want to do and add but for now it will do. I can at least come in here now and sew or cut fabric.

Here is the process, the brackets got put back up~






Then the shelves got put back up~





Then I had these boxes that were just a mess, so I emptied them~





This is what came out of the boxes~




Here are the boxes all organized and filled~




I spent many hours yesterday folding fabric and going through finiding all the small pieces of fabric. I only folded the fabric that was 1 yd. or more to put on the shelf~




This is what was left in my container after folding the fabric,lots and lots of scraps~






I have a plastic storage thing under where my sewing machine is that will hold my Kona cotton, light fabric under 1 yd. and dark fabric under 1 yd.~





These table top storage things are for scraps of fabric, light/dark and for other sewing and embroidery things~





This is the finished project~



Here it is looking in from the doorway~





I have been doing a lot of thinking and planning of what to do in here color wise. I first wanted it to be pink and white, but now after really thinking about it I am going to go in a totally different direction and make it very "prim" I just for some reason always gravitate toward the primitive colors and patterns. I am thinking of putting up some blue/beige plaid curtains and then making some small wall hangings with embroidery on them for the walls. I don't know for sure so I may change my mind. I was telling my husband about it and telling him how I just love all of the prim things on peoples blogs about how they have decorated their house and I said do you mind if I started changing our house to look like some of these, he said go ahead what ever makes you happy. Money is real tight right now but over time I will start doing some small things and just go from there. Thank you to all who left comments while this craft room project was going on, I know sometimes I felt I would never get to this poing. Your many words of encouragement were very helpful. I have many more things to get done but feel like I have conquered the hardest part now it's just some organizing and decorating. I still am working on the other side of the room where my computer is but that shouldn't take too long to get organized. I will post some pictures of that when I am done.

Blessings,Joann

4 comments:

  1. Hi, Joann! Love the fabric shelf...it's so pretty and organized! I'm looking forward to seeing the rest of the room when you're done! Patty

    ReplyDelete
  2. Joann, your sewing room is looking good. I am sure however you decorate, will look fabulous. If you are happy with it, that is all that matters.
    Winona

    ReplyDelete
  3. Joann, you have done so much work and it looks great! Very organized and ready for you to get in there and make stuff! The primitive colors and style you are thinking about sounds good to me too!

    You should be proud of yourself.

    I sure am enjoying my room now that its more organized. I'm like you in that its still a work in progress.

    Debbie J.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi,
    Love the way you have organized things so well. Thanks for sharing. Nancy

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting my blog and leaving a comment, I truly thank you for your visit. Blessings,Joann