Friday, March 18, 2011

I have made it through March so far....

The past two weeks have been very hard for me. Not only waiting for news of a job for Roger but having to struggle through the anniversary dates of my Brother's and Father's deaths. Some days it feels like it has been an eternity since they both passed away and other days it seems like yesterday.
My Brother was killed by a drunk driver while driving home one evening on March 15, 2002 and my father passed away quietly sitting in his favorite spot one Sunday morning watching the birds in the backyard on March 11, 2007.

Roger had a friend that every time we seen him at Church and we asked him how things were going he always said going good but just waiting for the Lord to return. I always thought this was strange why someone would not enjoy life and just be waiting to go home, but lately I am starting to feel the same way as he did. I sometimes pray for the Lord to come back.The world does not seem to be an enjoyable place anymore. There is so much crime, and money worries that it is very hard to find the joy in it.

We still are waiting to hear about a job for Roger and waiting is so hard for both of us. The time seems to go by at a snails pace.Roger had another job interview with a company that would keep us here in CA, but CA is not where we really want to be. I am not happy with the state of CA and we would love to move somewhere else.

I am still not crafting yet and don't know when I will return to it. I have plenty of patterns, fabric and embroidery supplies and yet they are not yet calling to me.

Next weekend we will be celebrating Dylan's 7th birthday at the local bowling alley. He wants a new bike and we found an orange one the other day that I think we will be getting him. His favorite colors are orange and green.

My Mom had her cataract surgery on Wednesday and is doing real good. I went out to lunch with her and my sister yesterday and had a nice time.

One of my old friends that I found on facebook and I are getting together next Wednesday for lunch. I think it will be fun catching up on the last 15-20 years...

Please have a wonderful weekend and thank you so much for stopping by.

Blessings,Joann

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for visiting my blog and leaving a comment, I truly thank you for your visit. Blessings,Joann