Sunday, November 14, 2010

I am sorry but I have to brag a little here!!


Our local newspaper has a column on the front page of the local section that is called in Service and it mentions every Sunday a person from our community that is serving in the Military. A couple of months ago I emailed the person in charge and gave them Matthew's information. After a few weeks of back and forth emails I got an email about 2 weeks ago saying that it would be in the newspaper on the 14th so I have been waiting very patiently(anyone who knows me at all knows I am not good at this!!) for the 14th to come.
So today is here and in our Sunday paper I was just thrilled to see my wonderful son of whom I am so proud honored in the "In Service " section, I know it's probably not that big of a deal to some people but to me it is very big. I think of my son on a daily no on a minute basis every minute of my day. I don't usually brag about things,but My son being gone and so far away right now is a really big thing and I just wanted everyone to know about it.
If you click on the picture I believe it will make it big enough for you to read if you are interested. There are a few things missing but I figured it was a space issue. I had sent the fact that Matt is with the 3rd Armored Cavalry Regiment and they left out the cavalry part and I also mentioned that he has a sister named Jennifer that lives in Brentwood.
I just got his packages ready to mail tomorrow (Nov. 2oth is the last day for Christmas delivery) of his Christmas gift and I included a copy of the newspaper clipping and I also made him a picture cd which took me forever as I am not that good with a computer. I hope he enjoys all that we are sending. I was hoping to fit everything into one large flat rate box because they only cost $12.50 to mail and that is a great deal doesn't matter how much it weighs. But I just couldn't get everything to cram into one so I will be sending 2, I took a red marker and put MERRY CHRISTMAS all over the boxes. I am just weird aren't I???
I have a busy week ahead of me and I am really ready for it. I have a dr. appt. tomorrow after noon and I am working my fingers to the bone making some christmas gifts. I may post some pictures after I have some of the items completed.
Thanks so much for stopping by, I hope you enjoyed reading my post and that you come back and visit again. Have a wonderful week and may you be blessed by the Lord daily.
Blessings,Joann

1 comment:

  1. That is awesome!!! and yes, you should be VERY PROUD!!! He will love his Christmas boxes and everything in them, I'm sure. Nothing like sweet gifts from home.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting my blog and leaving a comment, I truly thank you for your visit. Blessings,Joann