Tuesday, June 14, 2011

Created to be his help meet....






I have just recently started reading this book again, Created to be his help meet. I have had the book for a few years and when I first got it I just sat down and read the whole thing without really taking the time to absorb what it is saying. Through the counsel of a wise and wonderful friend I am starting to read it all over again with a completely different attitude.

The first part is entitled~

The Help Meeet

Chapter 1 God's Gift~

"A Wise woman doesn't take anything for granted. She is thankful to be loved and seeks to make herself more lovely."


"Do you wake each morning ready to make your husband happy and blessed, to serve him to the best of your ability-- to be his helper?"

"When you honour your husband you honour God. When you obey your husband you obey God.

The degree to which you reverence your husband is the degree to which you reverence your creator. As we serve our husbands we serve God, But in the same way when you dishonor your husband , you dishoner God."

My first time reading this book, I was very defensive thinking that maybe my husband doesn't deserve to be honoured or reverenced and then this time around this particular sentence caught my eye....
....because it is so weird to think that your husband deserves you as his help meet. But who said anything about what he deserves??


It is much more a realization that I need to do what I was designed to do and to honour God while doing it.


Character traits to work on ~

1) Virtue

2) Graciousness

3) Wisdom

4) Goodness


I am being honest here, as I always try to be...Marriage is sometimes hard work and if people say that they have the perfect marriage I wouldn't believe them. To be a good wife has little to do with your husband and so much to do with what the Word of God says about being a wife. Trying to live as much like Christ as possible but knowing that I am so far from that and that I have a long way to go all I can do is start every day with a prayer and do my best to honour God throughout my day. Do I fail at this, yes I do almost daily but thankfully I have a God who forgives and gives me the next day a new day to live for Him.

Anyone who would like to join me in reading this book you are so very welcome. I am reading it with a friend and we will be emailing each other our thoughts on each chapter. Things I will share here will not be the personal things that I will share with her but mainly my thoughts on the chatpers. Please email me if you would like to join me, if you don't have my email leave a comment with your email and before I publish it I will remove the email part.

Have a blessed day in the Lord, Joann

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for visiting my blog and leaving a comment, I truly thank you for your visit. Blessings,Joann