Tuesday, February 23, 2010

Pulling books of the Bible out of a hat...

Well to be more correct they will be pulled out of a real cool Cup I have. You are all probably wondering what the heck I am talking about.

The answer is that for the longest time I have been having problems with my Bible reading, the worst one is just not doing it! I always have such good intentions with reading the Bible but there are days when I just don't know where to start or which book to read. so I came up with my own crazy way of doing it.

I printed the books of the Bible on my printer on some real snazzy yellow (very cheerful) paper and I cut them all into small pieces with one book on each piece. I plan on putting them into this cute cup I have and every morning I will pull one out and that will be the book until it is finished!! Sound stupid to anyone???

I have tried for the past 2 or 3 years to get the entire Bible read, I dont' necessarily care if I read it in a year but would like to read every book. I feel like I have read Genesis so many times but not many other books. Whether I tried doing it by reading a chapter a day and then some of psalms and proverbs or Chronologically it still ended up with me doing real good for oh the first month then I start slacking off. I plan to keep this up if I am able so please keep me in your prayers I would sure apprecitate it. Also if there is a certain way or plan you follow please let me know I am open to anything that will help me get my mind in the Word of God everyday.

Tomorrow will be my first morning, I may post some pictures of my cool cup and the little snazzy yellow tags. Come by and see what book is on schedule for Wednesday.

Blessings,Joann

2 comments:

  1. I think that is a most excellent idea!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good idea... but some books won't make sense until you read the one ahead of it. I've been trying to get through the Old Testament. I think I'm in stuck in Deuteronomy. :o(

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting my blog and leaving a comment, I truly thank you for your visit. Blessings,Joann